Church records and registers.
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Overview The Calvinistic Congregational Church of Fitchburg Massachusetts was formed on June 14, 1805 as the Calvinistic Congregational Society. The first meeting house was built in 1806, the second in 1845, and the third, now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, in 1897. The church joined the United Church of Christ in 1961 and formed the Faith United Parish with the First Methodist Church of Fitchburg in 1967. The records document the history and activities of parish and its members....
Overview The town of Newbury, Massachusetts, was first settled in 1635. The First Church was gathered in 1635 and construction on the first meeting house was completed the same year. In 1743 a group of parishioners left to form the First Episcopal Church. Between 1635 and 1806 five meeting houses were constructed. The fifth was destroyed in fire in 1868. The sixth, and final, meeting house was constructed in 1869. The First Church joined the United Church of Christ in 1961 and in 1967 the church was...
Dates: 1670.; 1853