Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Brockton (Mass.)

 Subject
Subject Source: Lcnaf

Found in 1 Collection or Record:

First Parish Congregational Church records

 Collection
Identifier: RG0037
Overview The First Parish Congregational Church in Brockton was originally founded as the Fourth Parish Church in Bridgewater in 1737 and formally gathered as such in 1740. The name of the church changed, in 1823, to First Parish Congregational Church to reflect the incorporation of the town of North Bridgewater. In 1827 a portion of the church's membership left to form the South Congregational Church and in 1850 another portion left to form the Porter Evangelical Congregational Church. In 1874 the town...
Dates: 1738-1980