Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4

First Parish Congregational Church records

 Collection
Identifier: RG0037
Overview The First Parish Congregational Church in Brockton was originally founded as the Fourth Parish Church in Bridgewater in 1737 and formally gathered as such in 1740. The name of the church changed, in 1823, to First Parish Congregational Church to reflect the incorporation of the town of North Bridgewater. In 1827 a portion of the church's membership left to form the South Congregational Church and in 1850 another portion left to form the Porter Evangelical Congregational Church. In 1874 the town...
Dates: 1738-1980

Fitchburg, Mass. Calvinistic Congregational Church records, 1805-2006.

 Collection
Identifier: RG5368
Overview The Calvinistic Congregational Church of Fitchburg Massachusetts was formed on June 14, 1805 as the Calvinistic Congregational Society. The first meeting house was built in 1806, the second in 1845, and the third, now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, in 1897. The church joined the United Church of Christ in 1961 and formed the Faith United Parish with the First Methodist Church of Fitchburg in 1967. The records document the history and activities of parish and its members....
Dates: 1805-2006

Newbury, Mass. First Church ecclesiastical council meeting minutes, 1670.

 Collection
Identifier: RG0937
Overview The town of Newbury, Massachusetts, was first settled in 1635. The First Church was gathered in 1635 and construction on the first meeting house was completed the same year. In 1743 a group of parishioners left to form the First Episcopal Church. Between 1635 and 1806 five meeting houses were constructed. The fifth was destroyed in fire in 1868. The sixth, and final, meeting house was constructed in 1869. The First Church joined the United Church of Christ in 1961 and in 1967 the church was...
Dates: 1670.; 1853

Filtered By

  • Subject: Church records and registers X

Filter Results

Additional filters:

Names
First Church (Rehoboth, Mass.) 1