Leo Szilard research files,
Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: QR84_.S95 MSS 196
- Novick, Aaron (Person)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Biographical / Historical
Leo Szilard was a nuclear physicist, biologist and advocate of global arms control. Aaron Novick is a biophysicist. From 1948 to 1952, they jointly investigated the genetics and physiology of bacteria and viruses at the Institute of Radiology and Physics (University of Chicago).
1 Linear Feet
Arranged in. three series: 1. Correspondence. 2. Laboratory notebooks. 3. Photographs
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Date of acquisition--1991.
The collection comprises seven laboratory notebooks documenting Szilard's and Novick's investigations of bacteria and viruses, correspondence between the two scientist from 1948 to 1964, and photographs of the chemostat they used for their work.
- Bacteria -- Research -- History
- Bacterial genetics
- Biochemistry -- Instruments
- Microbiology -- Instruments
- Novick, Aaron
- Reproduction -- Bacteria
- Scientific apparatus and instruments
- Szilard, Leo
- University of Chicago.. Institute of Radiology and Biophysics
- Viral genetics
- Viruses -- Morphology
- Viruses -- Physiology
- Viruses -- Reproduction
- Viruses -- Research -- History
- Guide to the Leo Szilard research files, QR84_.S95 MSS 196
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description